6.13.2008

My name is Mrs. Wright and I'm a blogaholic

Where did the blog come from (please no one reply, I'm being rhetorical)?

I have found myself looking at two to three of them daily (which I'm sure is nothing). Personally, I think it's replacing my old magazine-junkie habit. I can read and react to a lot of people's opinions without holding onto the magazine itself for years and years never wanting to throw it away.

It's interesting how they emerged from seemingly no where, but now are EVERYWHERE. Most friends I know are either reading them daily or writing them. The interesting thing about blogs is that it introduces you to someones thought pattern that you may never learn even if you spent a long weekend with them. It's like your being introduced to that "private" self that we all have. The comments that we think but don't dare say are (sometimes) tactfully phrased into a philosophical discussion. Sometimes the topics are deep and insightful while other times they are so pointless you have to wonder how long it took the person to think that thought.


My point is this....if you think you know someone ask them if they write for or a read blog then find out which one. The answers will surely prove more interesting than this post but are sure to surprise you.

No comments: