6.27.2008

The Gift of Preparation

Over the past week, the family has been steadily making strides with our debt-payoff plan and our family business (more details to come soon!). All of the steps we've been taking have taught me life lessons about preparation. I don't want to take this season for granted even though it seems like it never ends. The reality is that life is always preparing us for something. It's is important, however, to value what happens in the preparation stage. Characters are molded and defined. Even hidden agendas can become visible. This stage allows us to receive exactly what we earned or prepared ourselves to receive.

Preparation requires two mature characteristics: patience and persistence. Both of which have tested me this week. We had unplanned malfunction with our car. Because we prepared ourselves financially we could afford to get it fixed. The true test came in the midst of it all. In the past, I would have worried (even if the money was available) through the whole ordeal but I was prepared with a word just last Friday. Peace be still. That command was given to me through my husband last week before the car situation. So, on Monday when we turned the key and nothing happened after 15 minutes I just told my peace to be still. The word and the lesson enabled me to practice patience and to live the word persistently until the storm ended (when the repairs were done and paid in full...1 hr ago).

Now, I have a better appreciation for being prepared because this lesson taught me that I am preparing to receive PEACE in all it's forms. What are you preparing for and what is life preparing you for? Either way, you better get ready!

2 comments:

Adrian "@W" Wright said...

GREAT great post Kenubi. I love looking back after facing a trial and being able to recognize the moments and lessons that were preparing you for it all along. I definately saw it with our car situation. The sermon friday night, and the sermon at church as well helped to allow our peace to be still!

kmorganpt said...

Glad to see you back blogging again, Kenubi. Spiritual and financial peace are two wonderful things. We must learn to stay in this peaceful state of mind. This is what God intended for us. Good post.
Tina